DEVELOPING YOUR GRAPHIC NOVEL IDEA
Do you have a graphic novel you are working on or an idea you would like to develop that would benefit from supportive critical feedback and clear direction within a small focused group?
Delivered online, combining whole group, small group and one to one activities, this residency is aimed at anyone with an idea for a graphic novel project and those who have already made a start.
Dates: Saturday 30 – Sunday 31 January 2021
Time: 9.30am – 5pm (includes breaks and Saturday evening event: 7-8.30pm)
Location: ZOOM ONLINE
“It was a great way to get what was on my brain down”
“Its creating a way for people to work slightly differently, it’s not just ladies your safe here it’s much more than that”
“Our ethos is much more about growing together, sharing knowledge”
The benefits to you will be:
- Informative, inspiring, creative and fun professional workshops delivered by members of the LDComics team.
- One-to-one feedback on your project from experienced practitioners.
- Guidance and advice on structuring your project with defined targets for you to work towards to ensure your project progresses to the next stage.
The opportunity to meet and talk to a guest industry expert and obtain crucial tips to help together a brilliant Graphic novel publisher sample.
The offer includes:
- A balanced mixture of fun and skill-developing exercises for a stimulating, friendly and dynamic atmosphere.
- Sessions will include guided exercises on structuring your narrative and developing character goals and character conflict.
- You can choose to focus on your own project or follow a brief. In addition you will have opportunities for peer group and one-to-one critical feedback on your work so far.
- On the Saturday evening there will be a guest presentation with Q&A from an industry expert.
- Expand your knowledge of the graphic novel and your networks within the community.
- Led by the LDC group: published graphic novelists and experienced graphic novel educators Rachael Ball, Nicola Streeten, Emma Burleigh and Wallis Eates
Come and be creatively energised amongst like-minded artists to help you take your project from good to great!
Concessionary rate: £50
Cost with donation to 2021 prize: £120
- Bookings must be made in advance and will only be confirmed when full payment has been received. All payments are non refundable.
- LDC reserves the right not to run the course if all places are not filled or if unforeseen circumstances prevent delivery. In such cases a full refund will be made for all bookings taken, or a voucher towards future LDC activity
- Places are limited to 20 on our pilot online residency and are open to female identifying or non binary