1:1 Live Review Sessions
1:1 Live Review Sessions
The LDC Review Sessions are 50-minute one-to-one sessions to critically review your work with a leading practitioner.
When was the last time you showed your work to someone that wasn’t a friend or family member?
If the answer is never, then this is the perfect review session for you.
The LDC Review Sessions can be used for critical feedback, professional advice and practical help with your graphic novel.
Your project can be a work in progress and anyone can book on (yes, you too, gentlemen!)
This is part of our annual festival event, and there is nothing quite like it anywhere else in the UK.
It will give you the opportunity to:
- Get real, focused, supportive advice on how to get your story to a high standard and eventually published with a published creator.
- Network with editors and professionals in the UK comics industry, as well as your peers & our long-listed entries to the LDC Awards!
- Get an exclusive preview of all the 2020 entries to the LDC Award, which will be exhibited as part of the LDC Lounge for you to read through.
- Explore the Cartoon Museum in London, where the review sessions will be hosted.
- Refreshments are included as part of the day!
It’s first come first serve, so you’ll need to get a move on!
Take your work to the next level & book now
Feedback from past LDC Review Sessions:
“[The reviewer] was incredibly generous with her time – showing me how she emails editors and telling me (frankly) how much she charges. It was a practical, peer to peer conversation and I was really blown away by her spirit and her generosity.”
“Gave me confidence. I am always insecure about a lot of my work so that was vital.”
“I liked being able to send work prior to interview to give the reviewer time to think about the work.”
“Oh God yes. So very helpful. A big confidence boost. Really useful technical advice in terms of developing the writing of my comic. And super useful advice on where to develop it, how to do proposals and publishers and funding.”
Book onto the review sessions here
Review Sessions take place on Saturday 28 March 2020 at The Cartoon Museum (63 Wells Street, London, W1A 3AE – nearest tube: Oxford Circus)
- The LDC Review Sessions are open for all genders.
- Book on a first come first served basis, bookable in advance.
- There is no limit to the number of sessions one person can book. This year we expanded this strand of our activity to make the expertise of 11 reviewers available – an increase from 6 reviewers in 2018.
- The cost is £50 (early bird) and is subsidized by Arts Council England funding.
- Work doesn’t have to be finished to participate. Work in progress is great!
If you’re currently working on a graphic novel, these workshops are the opportunity to take it to the next level.